Span-Lok™ hp metal roofing is a performance-rated, architectural standing seam roofing panel providing aesthetic appeal and a weather-tight design. Ideal for commercial, mixed-use, retail or multi-use projects. Span-Lok hp is available in several energy-efficient colors providing versatility for architects and building owners to meet just about any need or look.
Now available in Aluminum (click here to learn more).
- Application: Roofing
- Gauge: 24 & 22
- Coverage: 12″ & 16″
- Minimum Slope: 1⁄4:12
Testing and Performance
- Metal roofing is well-known for its durability by defying the elements.
- Testing: Wind uplift tested in accordance with UL580 and ASTM E1592. Has been tested for air infiltration per ASTM E1680, and water infiltration per ASTM E1646, and E2140.
- Roof assemblies are Class A Fire Rated when installed on non-combustible deck or framing per IBC, IRC, or when installed in accordance with UL listings (UL790).
- Meets UL580 Class 90 wind uplift requirements (purlin not to exceed 5′-0″ o.c.) and class 4 Impact (Hail) Resistance rated per UL 2218.
- All structural performance data is contained within Building Code Approval Report.
- Weathertight warranty available. Minimum slope required. AEP Span Underlayment HT required for all Full System Weathertightness Limited Warranties. Contact AEP Span representative for more information. (Roof application ONLY).
- All testing performed by accredited third-party.
- Custom manufactured metal roof lengths: 6′-0″ to 45′-0″.
- Aluminum .040″ available in 16″ size only by special order in any color. Inquire with your sales representative for lead times and minimum order requirements. For faster delivery, aluminum .040″ is stocked in Matte Black and Regal White only.
- Panel is acceptable for use in vertical metal siding applications.
- Subtle striations standard on 16″ panels. (Flat pan offered by request).
- Factory-applied sealant is standard.
- 16″ panel available with 2 pencil ribs.
- Factory notching available for 16″ panel.
- For end laps, factory swaged panels are available (16″ only).
- Field mechanically seamed panel.
- Span-Lok hp is Factory Mutual class 1-75 (5′ span) and Class 1-120 (2-6″ span) approved with 2.5″ and 3″ standard (purlin) clip.
Oil Canning Disclaimer
Oil Canning: All flat metal surfaces can display waviness commonly referred to as “oil canning”. “Oil canning” is an inherent characteristic of steel products, not a defect, and therefore is not a cause for panel rejection. Oil Canning Technical Bulletin PDF