SpanSeam™ metal roofing is a performance-rated architectural standing seam metal roof system. This panel has a mechanically seamed 2” high rib, which provides aesthetic appeal as well as a weather-tight design and used new construction or retrofit applications.
SpanSeam is versatile and used as a metal roof and a vertical metal siding application. Perfect for retail, institutional, industrial, commercial, education, or hospitality projects This panel comes in several energy-efficient colors and paint systems to meet just about any need or look.
- Application: Roofing
- Gauge: 24 & 22
- Coverage: 16"
- Minimum Slope: 1⁄4:12
Testing and Performance
- Metal roofing is well-known for its durability by defying the elements.
- Roof assemblies are Class A Fire Rated when installed on non-combustible deck or framing per IBC, IRC, or when installed in accordance with UL listings (UL790).
- Meets UL580 Class 90 wind uplift requirements (purlin not to exceed 5′-0″ o.c.).
- Wind uplift tested in accordance with UL580 and ASTM E1592. Has been tested for air infiltration per ASTM E1680, and water infiltration per ASTM E1646, and E2140.
- Meets class 4 Impact (Hail) Resistance rated per UL 2218.
- All structural performance data is contained within Building Code Approval Report.
- Weathertight warranty available. Minimum slope required. AEP Span Underlayment HT required for all Full System Weathertightness Limited Warranties. Contact AEP Span representative for more information. (Roof application ONLY).
- All testing performed by accredited third-party.
- Custom manufactured metal roof lengths: 6′-0″ to 45′-0″.
- Panel is acceptable for use in vertical metal siding applications.
- Subtle striations standard. (Flat pan offered by request).
- Factory applied sealant is standard.
- Available with 2 pencil ribs.
- Factory notching available for 16″ panel for turn under at the eave. Notch provides a clean detail and reduction in labor.
- For end laps, factory swaged panels are available.
- Field mechanically seamed panel.
Oil Canning Disclaimer
Oil Canning: All flat metal surfaces can display waviness commonly referred to as “oil canning”. “Oil canning” is an inherent characteristic of steel products, not a defect, and therefore is not a cause for panel rejection. Oil Canning Technical Bulletin PDF